Highlights of Micathermic Heater
- Micathermic heater uses mica as insulated material.
- Due to its superior dielectric strength and high thermal conductivity, mica is one of best insulation materials.
- According to its different applications, mica heaters can be manufactured into many different types, such as mica strip heater, mica band heater, and mica heating element.
- A nickel-chromium wire is often used as the heating core.
- Due to the higher thermal conductivity of mica, we can apply thinner insulation layer inside the heater, the heat flows easily from the heating core to the sheath surface.
- This results in a lower watt density on the heated surface and less heat dissipates.
- Thus micathermic heaters are very economical, compared with the heaters using other insulation materials.
- High dielectric strength
- Faster heat up
- High thermal conductivity
- High watt densities
- Special mineral insulation
- Extrusion dies
- Incubators & ovens
- Solder pots
- Packaging machines
- Die and mold heating
- Blow molding machines
- Sealing machines
- Operating Voltage: 6V ~ 480V
- Sheath material: aluminized steel, stainless steel or custom
- Working temperature: Sheath temperature up to 1400F (760C)
- Watt densities: up to 140W/in2